BT has announced the phasing out of the ISDN and PSTN networks with ALL businesses to migrate to IP networks by 2025. We look at what this means for the millions of businesses who will be affected and what you can do to get ready for the switch.
Ten years may seem like a long time to get ready and though there’s no need to panic, this is a great opportunity to start the switch to SIP Trunking and begin taking advantage of its numerous business benefits.
SIP Trunking is already the recognised alternative to PSTN and ISDN lines for delivering IP technology – allowing you to run voice and data over a secure internet connection rather than multiple fixed lines. By using virtual rather than physical phone lines, SIP allows for better flexibility, scalability and a large reduction in costs.
What can SIP Trunking do for your business? Some of the key benefits include:
- Highly scalable allowing your business to easily grow; adding new lines is easy and these can be scaled up or down over time to suit your needs.
- Free calls and no need for expensive ISDN / PSTN line rental.
- Provides the flexibility for remote and mobile working practices, such as the ability to receive calls to your office phone and your mobile at the same time without incurring any additional costs, meaning you can provide your customers with one number no matter where you may be.
- Simple and effective integration with your business email account, CRM system and more.
- Advanced resilience and disaster recovery in the case of severe weather or network failure.
Get SIP Ready
By 2020 you’ll no longer be able to purchase a system that uses PSTN / ISDN technology, so if you were thinking of upgrading your telephone system soon then an IP solution will be the future proof solution your business needs.
By 2025, BT plans to have migrated all businesses to the IP network. As investment in ISDN is decreasing dramatically this could lead to a drop in the quality standards you’ve received from your existing network, which is why we recommend you look at migrating sooner rather than later.
Cloudsource has migrated over 125 customers in the last twelve months, including Martin & Co estate agents, Ten Legal, Radcliffe Primary School and Hydro Hotel.
All these businesses and more have already made the switch to SIP, so talk to one of our team of experts todayand make your business future-ready.
We’ll discuss your individual business needs and put together the ideal Hybrid Cloud or Full Cloud solution based on the Broadband connectivity in your area, but more importantly your business’s needs and requirements.