All businesses grow through their marketing and by keeping in regular contact with customers.
That’s why the upcoming GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) has caused panic among many businesses who have been left wondering what you can and can’t do once the regulations kick in:
- Can I still send out leaflets to my customers?
- Can I collect emails for my mailing list?
- Can I message my customers through social media?
The GDPR will make it more difficult for businesses to manage and market to their customer databases due to issues around consent, security and access to data:
- You must get explicit permission before adding someone to your marketing list – so no more automatic opt-ins
- You must make it clear how you plan to use the personal information you collect
- “Appropriate technical and organizational security measures” must be in place to protect the data against unauthorised access and accidental loss
- The individual must be able to easily request the removal of their personal information from your database
- and much more
Not only that but most businesses don’t have the time or resources to implement new systems and processes.
If your business offers free WiFi access to your customers, we’ve got a great solution for you: Social WiFi.
What is Social WiFi?
Social WiFi is a powerful business marketing tool that gives your customers access to your free WiFi by signing in using an email address or by following your business on social media.
While increasing your business’s online presence, it collects in-depth insights into who your customers are including age, gender, interests and email address; making it easier for your business to run targeted marketing campaigns. Meanwhile, you can be safe in the knowledge that Social WiFi is a fully compliant platform that meets all the GDPR standards.
Social WiFi is the perfect marketing solution for any business that offers customer WiFi; whether a single shop or restaurant, a large location or complex space and even outdoor venues. It’s ideal for the hospitality and retail industry or any business looking to engage visitors and increase their online presence via free WiFi.
What’s more, it’s easy to install and has a low monthly cost.
How is Social WiFi GDPR compliant?
- Social WiFi makes it clear to your users that by logging in, they are opting-in to receiving marketing campaigns from you
- Social WiFi acts as the Data Protection Officer for the data collected via the tool, handling it’s security and managing customer access to their data
- Email templates generated through the dashboard include the option for the user to unsubscribe from receiving marketing information from your business
Get GDPR ready with Social WiFi
Our helpful team are on hand to answer all your questions about Social WiFi and the GDPR, so call us today on 0330 2000 201 or: