You’ve decided it’s the right time to upgrade your business telephone system, but what should you be looking for? We share our six top recommendations in this short video explainer.
This article is Part Two of our “Upgrade to Cloud Telephony” series – if you haven’t read Part One, you can find it here: “Is it time to upgrade your business phone system“
What should I look for in a new phone system?
Finding the right phone system to fit your business can be a daunting task. Should you opt for a full cloud solution, or an on-premise PBX? Perhaps a hybrid solution would be the best choice? Whatever your size or industry, here are six key things to consider when choosing a new business phone system:
- Look for a solution that offers a wide range of features that support your business needs. For example, if you want the ability to provide your employees with the option to work remotely, does the solution provide the right technology – such as unified communications tools – to make this possible?
- A simple installation process, with minimal or no downtime. Your provider should make it clear at the outset what the installation process will involve and help you to get your business ready to ensure the minimum of disruption.
- A system that doesn’t require a team of IT experts to manage it. This one’s especially important for small businesses who may not have a dedicated IT person on the team. Your new system should provide a simple management dashboard allowing you the ability to conduct key tasks in-house (such as adding and removing new users), with minimal fuss and confusion.
- Flexible, scalable and able to grow with your business. A solution that can grow in line with your business is a wise investment, as it will save you time and money in the long run. This is why moving to the cloud has become so popular, as it provides an easy way to scale up your system as your business grows with the ability to add new users in minutes, rather than weeks.
- SMB-friendly pricing that fits your budget. When it comes to business communications, a “one-size-fits-all” approach rarely does just that. Choose a solution that has been designed with your business in mind, particularly in regards to budget. Which brings us to…
- A telecoms provider that listens to, and understands, your business. This one is key! A provider that fails to understand your business now will fail to understand how your business may grow and change in the future, which could leave you with a system that needs upgrading or swapping out entirely in a few year’s time. Take the time to find a provider who listens to your requirements and asks you what challenges you’re currently facing and how you hope your business will change, and then designs a system that will suit you.