In 2016 BT announced it’s plans to phase out the existing ISDN and PSTN networks by 2025. This news will affect the communications of millions of businesses throughout the UK which must migrate to IP networks (SIP) within the next nine years.
What this means for your business:
- By 2020 you’ll no longer be able to purchase a system that uses PSTN / ISDN technology, so if you were thinking of upgrading your telephone system soon then an IP solution will be the future proof solution your business needs.
- By 2025, BT plans to have migrated all businesses to the IP network. As investment in ISDN is decreasing dramatically this could lead to a drop in the quality standards you’ve received from your existing network, which is why we recommend you look at migrating sooner rather than later.
If you haven’t already started planning for the ISDN switch off then now is the ideal time to start the switch to SIP and begin taking advantage of its numerous business benefits.
What is SIP Trunking?
SIP Trunking is already the recognised alternative to PSTN and ISDN lines for delivering IP technology – allowing you to run voice and data over a secure internet connection rather than multiple fixed lines. By using virtual rather than physical phone lines, SIP allows for better flexibility, scalability and a large reduction in costs.
Our team of experts are ready to talk to you about your individual business needs and put together the ideal solution to future-proof your business and get you ready for the ISDN switchover:
- Complete the form opposite with your contact information
- We will call you back to arrange a FREE consultation with one of our expert Cloud Consultants.
- During the consultation, we’ll discuss your individual business needs and design the ideal hybrid cloud or full cloud solution to suit you and make your business future-ready.